First Break September
This month’s First Break issue starts off with the latest EAGE news, industry news and two very interesting articles on “Why energy companies need to monitor their Corporate IQs” and “Emerging potential of mobile geocomputing.”
The three technical articles cover different issues:
- “Use of CSEM data to aid a revised interpretation from the Norwegian Sea” by Jonny Hesthammer, Jon Ivar Rykkelid, Susanne Sperrevik and Daniel Cumming
- “Marine broadband case study offshore China” by Tim Bunting, Bee Jik Lim, Chui Huah Lim, Ed Kragh, Gao Rongtao, Shao Kun Yang, Zhen Bo Zhang, Yu Hong Xie and Lie Li
- “Basin modelling across the emergent Lesser Antilles island arc, SE Caribbean and impact on petroleum systems” by Alejandro Escalona,Willy Fjeldskaar and Ivar Grunnaleite
Our Special Topic introduces four papers on Data Processing:
- “Optimizing the processing flow for variable-depth streamer data” by Dechun Lin, Ronan Sablon, Yan Gao, Damien Russier, Danny Hardouin, Bruno Gratacos, Robert Soubaras and Peter Whiting, CGGVeritas, explain some of the issues in processing variable-depth solid streamer data.
- “3D shallow water demultiple – extending the concept” by John Brittan, Tony Martin, Maiza Bekara and Konstantin Koch explain how 3D multiple techniques in seismic processing can be adapted relatively easily for application to shallow water environments.
- “How non-hyperbolic MultiFocusing improves depth imaging” by Alex Berkovitch, Kostya Deev and Evgeny Landa, reveal how MultiFocusing technology can dramatically improve the quality of seismic imaging especially in cases of low fold data, poor signal-to-noise ratio and sparse 3D acquisition.
- “Ekofisk time-lapse seismic – a continuous process of improvement” by Hakon Haugvaldstad, Bjarne Lyngnes, Patrick Smith and Andrew Thompson describe the seismic acquisition and processing techniques that have steadily enhanced the quality and reliability of the time-lapse data on the Ekofisk field, offshore Norway.
- EET 4 goes Asia-Pacific
- First Break September
- First Break June
- Vienna '11 photos
- Events in Russia & CIS
- Vienna `11
- EAGE Bookshop
- EET 5 on Tour
- DISC 2011
- Education Days Stavanger
- DISC 2011
- First Break July
- Education Days KL
- Join us in Copenhagen!
- Early bird fee Education Days Moscow
- Renew Membership 2012
- Near Surface 2012
- Education Days London
- First Break December
- Copenhagen '12